We Need Your Voice!
In March 2023, 350 people (pictured above) attended the annual March for Meals. This walk raises funds to help food insecure seniors. Funds are donated to Meals on Wheels and similar programs that help our grandparents and neighbors get enough to eat. The walk is free. This year the Horizon Credit Union donated $5 for each individual who marched! You can make a difference by participating in these types of activities.
Other Ways You Can Help the Cause
- Attend one of IIRAH’s Forums. Meet others working to end hunger in Idaho. Learn about current issues and how to advocate for those struggling with hunger.
- Request an IIRAH speaker for your organization. One of our volunteers can speak on IIRAH’s policy work. Email us at email@example.com to find out more.
- Talk to people you know about the underlying causes of food insecurity in Idaho. Share what you have learned from IIRAH. Be a myth buster.
- Vote for candidates who support hunger relief programs with policies that promote food security and maintain dignity for all.
- Ask your state representatives and senators to raise Idaho’s minimum wage.
- Call, write, email, and challenge your elected officials at all levels of government. Ask them to learn more about anti-hunger legislation and programs to end hunger.
- Encourage your religious community or favorite social service organization to join forces with IIRAH by becoming an endorser.
- Sign up for the Food Resource and Action Center’s e-news and receive action alerts on national food policies.
- Support your local food system by planting a garden, volunteering at a community garden, buying produce from the farmer’s market, and asking your grocery store to stock locally grown foods.